Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bryces Birthday

 Bryce's birthday was awesome! It's kind of awkward not knowing how to celebrate but knowing you want to do something. It was so wonderful to get texts, phone calls, emails and flowers. I felt selfish thinking that I had set myself up to get to hear from my loved ones on this day. I didn't have time to be sorrowful, well not too much time anyway because I was showered with phone calls and texts.  There are others but I didn't get pictures but still the blessings are the same.  We helped a family cover mortuary cost as someone helped us when Bryce died and we wanted to do the same.  It made me cry to see the acts of kindness that were being rendered. I love you all so much. You make me so grateful! I love knowing that my family is there for me. They love me. Life is good and Heavenly Father has blessed our family with a burning desire (called Bryce) to be obedient.

Dear Bryce,
I can't believe it's been one year! I got to go thru our box that has pictures and loving cards that people sent when you died. Bryce people are so good. They care. It is overwhelming to know that we have people looking out for us, caring for us. I pray that I can be caring and loving like people were (are) to us. I know you are busy. I know that you are with loved ones in heaven too. Tell them hello for me. Give them a hug and tell them thank you for all that they have done for us. I cant wait to meet them. There are some i have only seen pictures of and heard valiant stories. There are some that I remember very well and cant wait to see them again. We are a big family sealed by the priesthood power. I am beyond grateful for this truth. You see Bryce sometimes you seem very far but really I know that you are right there. You are right there waiting for us. You love us and want us to be happy. You know that it will be but a moment. Sometimes I forget this and need reminded. Please help me to remember. We will be a big happy family together forever. I love you Bryce. I think about you all the time. I am so grateful that I got to carry you for the whole 9 months. I cherish that time. I will always cherish that time. I love you baby Bryce! Mommy loves you so much that sometimes I feel like my heart might burst. I know that it won't though because deep down I know that I will see you soon. I can't wait. Please help me to remember that it is just a moment. I love you bud. I have to go now, darnet... but I will see you soon.

Love mommy
This awesome guy...Uncle Shea

The Flakes

The Stuarts all the way in Oklahoma showing their love.

Love this, makes me cry everytime I look at it.

Sorry about the picture.  Brother Kenneth and Mom and Dad


The Brimhalls. Look at all those kids. :)

The Websters service.

The Reidhead girls!  We love you!

Adorable girl and one good Daddy!

Jackson only has a few weeks to say goodbye.

The Flakes cleaning the Big home.

Happy Birthday Bryce!

On our way to the cemetery

Bryces cake

Of course my father in law pulls out a machete

We will see you soon bud. 
Families are Forever

5 comments:

Court said...

What a sweet post.
Love you Ash.

k_kbrimhall said...

Hey Sis,
You can be quite eloquent. You express feelings we have too. What a wonderful experience Bryce's life has been for mom and I. He reminds me every day as I walk by his little picture of what this life is about. His short life here is a constant reminder of ALL that we hope and live for. We are thankful for a Savior that makes all our hopes possible. We love you! Awesome mom and dad you and Kaleb are. We love you.

BABrimhall said...

Tears. Many tears. Of happiness and sadness. Love you Kelepolos.

abby said...

Dang you!!! Thanks for sharing, its a great reminder of why we are here, where we are going, and the power of the priesthood. We love your little family and the example you set. Love you!

*Ashley said...

Awesome post, Ash! We love your family! Thanks for always being such a good example to me! I always learn so much about the kind of person I want to be like from you.