Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I just want to type a little post just saying how cute my little Koby is. I don't know what I would do without him. I mean it is alot of work to teach him everything and it is hard to change a million diarrhea diapers but...nothing is better when he looks at me with that cheesy grin that he has. Nothing. Lately he has been learning so much...when I ask him where the baby is he'll lift up my shirt and point to my huge growing belly and he'll even give it kisses. The other day he was sitting on my lap and just put his head down on my belly and just sat like that for awhile. Koby doesn't hold still and he doesn't really just let you hold him so times like this are so precious to me. I know that I won't be the best mom in the world. I'm learning that there is no way that I'm going to be the best at anything but I can show him that I love him more than anything.
Last night I wanted to try the toddler bed so I put all of his stuffed animals on the bed and went out of the room to get some outlet covers when he started screaming. Well he had gotten on the toddler bed and fallen and hit his lip. He had a fat lip...well I still was determined to try it. So I layed him down and we started to read some books. It lasted for a few minutes and then I tried to turn the light out and shut the door. He screamed loud and I realized that we were going to have some serious injuries so I will get a night light so he won't do too much damage to himself and then we'll try again. When I opened the door he was already practically to the door and I only left for a second. I love my little guy so much!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good luck with the toddler bed! We have to get Brittney is one soon too. I'm not really looking forward to it! How soon are you due? We are having a BOY at the end of May! Hope you guys are doing great!

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

I hated doing things like that, trying to get them to take a bottle, trying to get them off the bottle, taking away the pacifier, potty training, changing from crib to toddler bed. All that stuff, but it is good they have to learn right? It has been easier having older kids to help with all of that. Kamy went had no trouble going from the crib to sleeping with Tiff. Which she was 2 1/2 so it helps when they are alittle older. Keep up the good work! You are a great mom.

Shannon said...

Seems like yesterday that I was doing that with Cam...not easy but it really didn't take that long to get him used to it. Good luck! Hey, I am wondering what your maiden name was...It's bugging me beacuse you told me before but I can't remeber! Anyway, talk to ya later!

Shannon said...

sounds good. Kris and I were thinking of having friends over for dinner some time this weekend...would love you have you guys too! We'll keep in touch...my number is 0296

k_kbrimhall said...

If at first you don't succeed try, try again! That is how you do it. Keep it up, you are doing great. If is hard and sometimes breaks your heart but, in the long run it is all worth it.